Do you feel that food has become a problem for you? Or that food, eating habits or sport have become means for controlling your emotions? If yes, this chat is for you.
The purpose of the group chat is to maintain hope and offer a place where one can share difficult thoughts and feelings with a peer group. Recovery oriented and safe atmosphere comes from everyones effort. Please, read the group priniciples carefully.
The english-speaking group chat will gather on November 12th and December 10th from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Only the registered persons can participate to the group chat with a screen name. You can register under a screen name here and you find the group chat here. The language of the website is Finnish, but the chat is in English. Maximum number of participants is 12. If the chat is full, you can wait in a queue for your turn to enter the chat. Chat hosts are Etelän-SYLI’s trained volunteers. Hosts can use tools to remove inappropriate content. Participants who violate the group principles, can be removed from the conversation. The group member will be notified about this in a private message. Otherwise, private messages will only be sent in exceptional circumstances.
Group chat principles:
- Remember recovery orientation in conversations. Do not discuss or describe the symptoms in too much detail.
- Weight loss is not discussed in the chat. Instead, it is desirable to discuss e.g. how to get rid of dieting and / or weight loss thoughts.
- Numbers related to food, weight, or amount of exercise are not discussed.
- Do not criticize or comment on food or food choices.
- Do not discuss the names of medicines.
- Do not name or talk negatively about caregivers, nursing staff or treatment centers/ hospitals.
- In group chat conversation takes place among all participants, not privately.
- All conversations are confidential, do not share group discussions outside the chat.
- Make sure that the group discussion is not seen by anyone who is not involved in the chat.
- Respect everyone’s privacy and expertise from their own experience.
- Do not share personal information or contacts in the chat.
- Do not share links such as blog posts to the chat.
- Marketing, trading and advertising in the chat is prohibited.
- The group operates without drugs. The group is drug-free.
- Remember that peer support group chat is not treatment, nursing or therapy. Group chat is based on experiential peer support.